TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - All good advice above. With the valve cover leak clean>>
People Seeking Info

Subject All good advice above. With the valve cover leak clean>>

Posted by ZUL8TR on December 29, 2012 at 7:37 AM
  This message has been viewed 251 times.

In Reply To Some questions about my Z posted by tsahlin489 on December 28, 2012 at 03:02 PM

Message up all the evidence of oil on the engine and chassis and then observe over time the severity of the oil loss. You should be able to determine if it is a weep, seep, or leak. Weep is a mild sweat residual of oil like black soot and I would let that go, seep is a definate small thin sheet of oil and getting ready for repair, leak leaves drips and very noticable quantity and needs fix. With the cost and labor envolved for the fix definately check what kind of leak you have. If you get better at mechanics do it your self.

How many miles are on this Z? Wonder if the old style injectors are still in there as well as the original timing belt. If the belt service has not been done I would address that before valve cover gasket issues. If you need to replace the injectors that would be the time for the valve cover gasket service. Note the intake valve covers use a gasket the exhaust covers use sealant (what was the factory thinking here? I like gaskets and sealant).

ZUL8TR in Orlando,FL

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.